Rest is required for the physical body, the mind, and the spirit. It can often be so hard to find a way to rest in a chaotic world, busy schedule, and the demands of life. Resting is how the body heals, stores energy, and prepares for the next great adventure. Resting promotes the healing of damaged tissues, muscles, and nerves. Sleep and quietness are also important to ensure the proper functioning and healing body.
Emotionally and cognitively, resting relaxes the mind, reduces anxiety, and promotes healthy wellbeing. Resting and sleep detox the body from toxins, balances hormones, and regulates memory and mood. Spiritually, resting in the Word and meditative prayer aligns your thoughts and spirit and encourages positivity and overall relaxation and comfort.
Tips for resting in the chaos:
- Wake Up 15-30 minutes before the rest of the household. If you enjoy the mornings, take time before the day begins to rest your mind, pray, read something positive, or journal. Don’t worry about your to-do list or what needs cleaned or done at work. Focus on relaxing your mind and spirit.
- Use Lavender essential oil. Diffuse lavender, place it on your temples, spray it on your pillowcase or around the house to promote relaxation and serenity. If you have trouble shutting off your mind at bedtime, try using lavender to promote rest.
- Read a book or scriptures. Choose a book or scriptures that will get your mind off the chaos and make a choice to take time to read. Make it a priority even on busy days to just stop and get a little lost in a good book.
- Get grounded. Grounded simply means touch the earth with your bare skin. This helps balance the ions in your body that are often out of balance due to so many electronics, radio waves, and WiFi in our world. Take a few minutes to walk in the grass barefoot, breathe deep, and enjoy the vitamin D from the sunshine.
- Take vitamins. Ensuring your body has enough vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to properly heal and function is essential for resting. If your body does not have to work overtime to rebuild and recover, then you can truly rest physically and mentally. If your body cannot function how it was designed to, then it becomes incredibly hard for it to rest. This also includes taking care to eat a nutritious diet full of vegetables, fruits, and quality meats.